We understand that blogging is a very free-form art. Science bloggers tend to write on a wide variety of topics – some science-related, others personal. They may write long in-depth posts, short commentary, reprint brief snippets of recent science news, and/or post photo essays, videos, or original artwork. They may blog frequently, rarely, or in fits and spurts.
In accepting blogs into our network, the editors are looking at intent: In general, is this an active blog about science that has a Canadian connection?
Must be a Science Blog
- Blog content is strongly science-based
- Majority of blog content fits one or more Science Borealis categories
- Blog does not purvey pseudoscience or anti-science sentiment
- Blog focus is on real science, not science fiction (sci-fi)
Must have a Canadian connection (one or more of the following)
- Blogger is geographically located in Canada
- Blogger is a Canadian located abroad
- Blogger is located outside of Canada but is blogging primarily about Canadian science topics
Must be active
- At the time of application, blog must have 3 science-related posts within last 3 months
- After activation, blogs that are inactive for 6 months will be dropped from the feed
Must contain original content
- Most blog posts must contain original content written or produced by the blogger
- Blogs that primarily aggregate or duplicate content from other sources will not be considered
- Blogs that primarily reprint press releases will not be considered
Must be in English or French
If you think your blog qualifies, apply here!