** POSITION CLOSING WEDNESDAY, MAY 2, 2018 **
Are you super-organized? Great with calendars and schedules? Do you have excellent written communications skills? Do you want to be part of the hottest online science communications organization in Canada? Then you might be just the person we need to fill the role of Editorial Team Coordinator.
The Editorial Team Coordinator works alongside the Managing Editor and with our Blog Editors to facilitate workflow and provide administrative assistance for our busy editorial team. This is a remote volunteer position.
- 1-3 hours a week
- 6-month renewable term after a 1-month trial period
- Organized, able to create and maintain files, tracking systems
- Good with calendars, deadlines, and keeping others on track
- Self-driven, works well independently
- Responsive to emails
- Strong writing and written communications skills
- Ability and willingness to use Slack, DropBox, Gmail, Google Calendar
- WordPress – ability to upload, format, add images, and schedule blog posts
Provide administrative assistance to the Managing Editor, including:
- Manage and organize the Editorial Team folders, files in DropBox
- Maintain and monitor the Editorial Calendar
- Send weekly reminders to subject editors and follow-ups if necessary
- Manage changes to the editorial schedule, editors trading spots, etc.
- Help schedule online pitch sessions
- Assist the Human Resources Manager in onboarding new Editorial Team volunteers
Post Borealis Blog posts:
- This weekly responsibility is shared with the Managing Editor
- Upload posts to WordPress, format, add images & captions, schedule launch
- Liaise with the Outreach Team so they can properly publicize each post
Interested? Then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and convince us you are the person for this job. Please include your resume or link to to your LinkedIn profile.
About Science Borealis
Science Borealis is a not-for-profit corporation under the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act (NFP Act). We are an all-volunteer organization. Our goal is to be an inclusive digital science salon featuring Canadians blogging about a wide array of scientific disciplines. Science Borealis aims to be a one-stop shop for the public, media, educators, and policy makers to source Canadian science.