Interested in writing for one of Canada’s premiere science blog? Science Borealis is looking for science writers to cover the following beats on a regular basis:
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Physics & Astronomy
- Policy & Politics
- Technology & Engineering
Science Borealis subject editors write 4 to 6 articles for publication on the Borealis Blog throughout the year. Many subject areas are covered by two editors, who share responsibilities for researching and writing posts.
Science Borealis is also looking for General Assignment editors. These regular contributors have no specific subject-area focus; instead they cover all subject areas while encompassing a slightly broader function. For example, General Assignment editors also report on SciComm events, provide commentary and insight on current events, and interface regularly between our syndicated blogger community and the Science Borealis blog.
Read about our submission guidelines and editorial process>
What do our contributing editors do?
Science Borealis subject and general assignment editors:
- write a Borealis Blog post in weekly rotation with the other Science Borealis editors (every 9–10 weeks)
- support each other by taking part in pitch sessions and other community activities in Slack
- help promote Member blog posts via social media by watching their beats’ subject feed
- write Facebook posts about syndicated blogs/blog posts
- interview and profile syndicated bloggers
- share relevant news items/events with the Science Borealis community and Core Team
- report on science communication events
- provide commentary and insight on current events that have implications for STEM in Canada
To learn more about volunteering as a Science Borealis subject/general assignment editor, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.